A Writer's Den

has been moved to new address

http://leleanajohnson.com/

Sorry for inconvenience...

A Writer's Den: Why Me?

Monday, November 01, 2010

Why Me?

I’ve spent most of my life wondering, why me?

Why didn’t I grow up in a house with a wrap around porch and a white picket fence? You know the ones in small towns with tree lined streets.



Why did I have to work so hard? I should have been playing, enjoying my childhood.

Why did I have to grow up so fast, experiencing things well beyond my years? I only wish time would have slowed down so I could have savored the moments.

Why did he walk out of my life voluntarily, while others were snatched away from me so soon?

I have been taught to never question You, but I must ask why me?

Why not you, my child? Who are you to question Me?

Do you not believe that I know what is best?

See, I love all my children.

Some of you are weak. And some of you are strong.

Although you wonder about these things, I know you already know the answer. Yes, I’m sure you already know where you belong.

You had no house and no picket fence. But I gave you a home filled with love.

You worked hard, but you now know the true meaning of sacrifice and responsibility.

You say you grew up fast, but I’ve shown you time is promised to no one. So I hoped you’ve learned to live like there is no tomorrow.

Your father walked out of your life, but I made sure he returned. If only for a little while.

You say others were snatched away so soon, but shall I remind you that in your heart they will always stay.

So the next time you ask yourself, why me?—

My daughter, you already know the answer.

Why not you?


credit: pepo @ sxc.hu/pepo

Labels: , ,