A Writer's Den

has been moved to new address

http://leleanajohnson.com/

Sorry for inconvenience...

A Writer's Den: At the Playground: 3 Steps Parents & Toddlers Can Take when Dealing with Bullies

Friday, August 27, 2010

At the Playground: 3 Steps Parents & Toddlers Can Take when Dealing with Bullies

credit: kkay © istockphoto.com/kkay




What Will You Do When Your Child Encounters Her First Bully?
On this particular day at the playground, my little girl decided she was ready to graduate to the big slide. And boy was I excited for her! My little girl climbed the steps, and sat at the top of the slide as I cheered her on from the bottom. But before she could come down the slide, a little boy came over and decided she wasn’t moving fast enough. The little boy reached out and pushed her, almost knocking her off the side of the slide, which was about 10 feet in the air. Needless to say, I was horrified. Without even thinking, I immediately yelled in a firm voice, “You better stop pushing her!” READ FULL ARTICLE: At the Playground: 3 Steps Parents & Toddlers Can Take when Dealing with Bullies

Labels: ,