A Writer's Den

has been moved to new address

http://leleanajohnson.com/

Sorry for inconvenience...

A Writer's Den: At The Playground: Is Your Nanny Watching Your Child?

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

At The Playground: Is Your Nanny Watching Your Child?

credit: nyul © istockphoto.com/nyul

Kiddy Social Time at the Playground
It is eleven o’clock in the morning and your toddler wants to go to the playground to have kiddy social time. But there is one problem. You absolutely dread going to the playground between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Not only because it’s steaming hot outside, but also because it’s nanny time at the playground between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. If you have a nanny or if you are a nanny, I know you’re probably thinking “what’s wrong with nannies?” Or “maybe I’m one of those moms that are jealous because I don’t have a nanny?” To answer your first question, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a nanny. To answer your second question, I’m not jealous that I don’t have a nanny because I’ve happily given up part of my professional career based on my family’s personal choices and decisions in raising our children. And I applaud all moms and dads for waking up everyday, making the same personal decisions that my husband and I struggle with. READ FULL ARTICLE: At The Playground: Is Your Nanny Watching Your Child?

Labels: ,