A Writer's Den

has been moved to new address

http://leleanajohnson.com/

Sorry for inconvenience...

A Writer's Den: The Best Advice that I Never Received on My Wedding Day

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Best Advice that I Never Received on My Wedding Day


As I write this article, thumbing through my wedding album, I realize that May 3, 2003 was the day that my life changed forever. Not that I haven't experienced other great moments in my life. Nor have I failed to accomplish many of my goals in life. In my youthful innocence and naïve view of the world, I assumed these moments were equally important. Getting my learner's permit when I turned 15, my driver's license at 16, making the cheerleading squad, my emancipation from high school (or is that called graduation?), going away to college, being accepted into a top law school (although by graduation, you're not sure how you feel), and bringing in my first client to name a few. None will ever replace the overwhelming joy I experienced on my wedding day. And although I received tons of advice in preparation of my wedding day, the best advice was the advice that I didn't receive. Embrace every moment of your wedding day: your mother's smile, your father's grasp, and your groom's first glance as you walk down the aisle. READ FULL ARTICLE: The Best Advice that I Never Received on My Wedding Day ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Labels: ,